Skin preparation is important for a flawless tan that lasts as long as possible. We have put together some tips and ticks for applying your Baby B. Browne self-tan products to keep your tan looking fabulous for up to 5 days:
BEFORE YOU APPLY YOUR TAN
- Exfoliation is the key to a perfect tan and the most important step in preparing your skin for tanning. This ensures you have the perfect base to apply your tan as if your skin is dry the tanner will cling to it, creating an uneven appearance. Ideally exfoliate 24 hours before you apply your self tan (but just before is also fine!), make sure to exfoliate well under your arms (deodorant builds up here!), wrists and around the feet area.
- Moisturise your skin 24 hours before tanning, paying particular attention to elbows, knees, ankles and problem dry areas.
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours before you apply your self-tan. This allows time for your pores to close.
- Before applying your self tan, make sure your skin is clean and dry. Apply your tan in a dry room - keep in mind that too much moisture causes tanning product to slide off the skin.
APPLYING YOUR TAN
- Using circular motions, start at the top of your feet and work upwards. Tinted self tanners such as Baby B Browne, let you see exactly were you are applying them, reducing the chance of streaks and missed spots.
- Don’t apply moisturising lotion except in light amounts on your knees and elbows — the areas where tanner generally absorbs too much. This helps stop these areas from getting too dark.
- Don’t apply moisturiser, perfume, deodorant or makeup on the day of application.
- If you want to achieve a darker tan, two thin coats of self tan will achieve a much better and more flawless colour than one thick coat. Simply apply the first layer, wait until dry and apply a second layer
TIPS FOR LOOKING AFTER YOUR TAN AFTER APPLICATION
- Wear dark loose clothing; tight clothing or underwear may cause marks and don’t forget to wear loose fitting shoes.
- Shower lightly in cold to luke-warm water for 45 seconds ONLY after your desired development time. Use plain water, don’t use shower gels, scrubs, shampoos or loofer during the first 24 hours after your treatment.
- Pat your skin dry. Do not rub or scrub your skin.
- After day 5, exfoliate with a soft body polish on a daily basis, to help your skin absorb even more moisturiser and keep it looking and feeling gorgeous. This also helps the tan fade naturally, rather than in patches.
Don’t forget to share your results and show us your #BabyBBrowne tan on Instagram!